At Moss Café, we are committed to community, sustainability, quality, and creativity.
Below is a bulletin of our current community initiatives:
– Moss Café is now composting all of our product waste, egg shells, and coffee grounds in partnership with the Kingsbridge Heights Community Center and their amazing community gardens.
– We’re actively collecting items for the Kingsbridge Heights Community Center food pantry every Monday–Thursday from 8am–3pm to support our neighbors in need. Bins will be at the Moss pick up window and customers are requested to drop off their own items so as to minimize contact. We are looking for pasta, cereals, canned foods, diapers, wipes, & other necessities. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
– #TeacherTuesdays at Moss provide educators and school staff with 10% off every Tuesday, supporting these essential community members during a difficult time. Share the code TEACH10 with any educators in your network!
– Moss Café has also partnered with local textile artist, Samantha Verrone, to design a limited edition, naturally hand-dyed Moss Café tote bag. All proceeds from these tote bags will be donated to POTS (Part of the Solution), another local Bronx community center and one-stop-shop for vital services in our neighborhood. We look forward to partnering more with POTS in the future! Shop the bags, here!
– On Giving Tuesday (12/1) we will be making special Kingsbridge Heights Community Center honey butter biscuits, using KHCC’s very own hyper-local honey (from their farm, just 10 minutes away from Moss Café!). We are so thrilled to donate all proceeds from this special batch of honey butter biscuits right back to the Kingsbridge Heights Community Center, an organization that has dramatically increased its services to the local Moss Café neighborhood since the beginning of the pandemic in March. We’ll also be offering the KHCC honey as a Moss Café local grocery tiem. You can make additional donations here, in the meantime!